Hastings101
Apr 6, 05:01 PM
I'm an Apple mobile device user, and I have never ever been on an Android-centric forum. Not one time! Why would I care what people who have such an obvious difference in taste think about what I have?
It never ceases to amaze me at how many Android users have to flock to a site called "MacRumors" because they feel then need to lead us poor blinded Apple "fanboys" to the bright shining city on a hill that is Android paradise.
At least go have your Android orgy, where it may be appreciated by others who care to watch that type of thing...wait...there are such things as Android forums, right?
An orgy of Androids? That sounds scary. Almost as scary as a bunch of Apples having an orgy.
It never ceases to amaze me at how many Android users have to flock to a site called "MacRumors" because they feel then need to lead us poor blinded Apple "fanboys" to the bright shining city on a hill that is Android paradise.
At least go have your Android orgy, where it may be appreciated by others who care to watch that type of thing...wait...there are such things as Android forums, right?
An orgy of Androids? That sounds scary. Almost as scary as a bunch of Apples having an orgy.
Mr. Retrofire
Apr 6, 07:21 PM
if anyone knows how to change architectures its Apple. we all know they've got OS X running on an iPad already it the labs.
iOS is Mac OS X, just for ARM-processors and optimized for the platform.
iOS is Mac OS X, just for ARM-processors and optimized for the platform.
Agilus
Aug 7, 05:06 PM
As far as I know he can't, that's the difference. IT has to restore the file for you.
Still, nothing fundamentally new, and definitely not Vista 2.0... ;)
I don't think people are understanding the power of this tool. Sure, it backs stuff up, but what I like about it is that it's basically an automatic versioning (or configuration management) system built into the OS, tailored for a single user, with an intuitive way to search, view, and retrieve old versions. As far as I know, this hasn't been done before.
I do my own personal writing and coding, and it's something I've wanted for a long time. I even considered setting up CVS on my computer so I could do it myself, but never got around to it.
One thing that makes this better/different than other versioning systems, is that it is tailored for a single user. You don't get all the extra stuff that comes along with other version control software that deals with multiple users and file locking, etc. You just get the goodness of having all of your changes. Hopefully it can perform diffs (highlighting the differences between different versions), too!
Still, nothing fundamentally new, and definitely not Vista 2.0... ;)
I don't think people are understanding the power of this tool. Sure, it backs stuff up, but what I like about it is that it's basically an automatic versioning (or configuration management) system built into the OS, tailored for a single user, with an intuitive way to search, view, and retrieve old versions. As far as I know, this hasn't been done before.
I do my own personal writing and coding, and it's something I've wanted for a long time. I even considered setting up CVS on my computer so I could do it myself, but never got around to it.
One thing that makes this better/different than other versioning systems, is that it is tailored for a single user. You don't get all the extra stuff that comes along with other version control software that deals with multiple users and file locking, etc. You just get the goodness of having all of your changes. Hopefully it can perform diffs (highlighting the differences between different versions), too!
Thunderbird
Aug 7, 05:09 PM
Like the whole 3ghz thing?
Ok, except for that
Ok, except for that
SevenInchScrew
Aug 19, 04:19 PM
Based on what, old gameplay footage?
Do you consider official images and video from E3 of this year, a mere 2 months ago, to be "old" footage? If so, then yes, I'm basing it on old gameplay footage. Look at the model and texture in this pic, and tell me that isn't straight out of GT4, just higher res....
{Click to huge-size}
http://i.imgur.com/KCOCw.jpg
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/gallery/d5258.html
Look at this pic:
{pic}
That rx-7 looks tons better than anything GT4 ever had, but its still not as nice as the "premium" cars.
The pic you provided, with the RX7, Supra, etc, as with all the images shown recently from GC10, is of Premium� cars. Can you see in the windows? If so, then it is a Premium� car with a fully modeled interior. If not, they are a Standard� car, and have the dark tinted windows.
Time will tell, of course, but i'm certain they didnt just import models from GT4. What the hell would they have been doing for the past 5 years?
Oh, I don't know, maybe it was the....

%IMG_DESC_6%

%IMG_DESC_7%

%IMG_DESC_8%

%IMG_DESC_9%

%IMG_DESC_10%

%IMG_DESC_11%

%IMG_DESC_12%

%IMG_DESC_13%

%IMG_DESC_14%

%IMG_DESC_15%

%IMG_DESC_16%

%IMG_DESC_17%

%IMG_DESC_18%

%IMG_DESC_19%
Do you consider official images and video from E3 of this year, a mere 2 months ago, to be "old" footage? If so, then yes, I'm basing it on old gameplay footage. Look at the model and texture in this pic, and tell me that isn't straight out of GT4, just higher res....
{Click to huge-size}
http://i.imgur.com/KCOCw.jpg
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/gallery/d5258.html
Look at this pic:
{pic}
That rx-7 looks tons better than anything GT4 ever had, but its still not as nice as the "premium" cars.
The pic you provided, with the RX7, Supra, etc, as with all the images shown recently from GC10, is of Premium� cars. Can you see in the windows? If so, then it is a Premium� car with a fully modeled interior. If not, they are a Standard� car, and have the dark tinted windows.
Time will tell, of course, but i'm certain they didnt just import models from GT4. What the hell would they have been doing for the past 5 years?
Oh, I don't know, maybe it was the....
bibbz
Jun 14, 06:26 PM
My Radio Shack Manager knows nothing about PIN numbers and is opening at normal 9AM tomorrow. Says he still doesn't know exactly how the pre-orders will be conducted. Hasn't heard from corporate yet. Still in the dark he says. :confused:
Incredible.
The company call was at 3:30pm cst, then my DM held a call with us at 5pm cst. No reason he shouldn't have the info.
Incredible.
The company call was at 3:30pm cst, then my DM held a call with us at 5pm cst. No reason he shouldn't have the info.
chatin
Aug 22, 09:08 PM
The Woodcrest processors have been put through their paces pretty well on the supercomputing lists, and their Achille's heal is the memory subsystem. Current generation AMD Opterons still clearly outscale Woodcrest in real-world memory bandwidth with only two cores. Unless Intel pulls a rabbit out of their hat with their memory architecture issues when the quad core is released, AMDs quad core is going to embarrass them because of the memory bottleneck. And AMD is already starting to work on upgrading their already markedly superior memory architecture.
This is one of the drawbacks of using a server CPU on the desktop. In lights-off Xserve this would not matter as most of the data is already cached in memory.
I think there might be lights out for future MacPro Xeons if AMD where to catch up in the race.
:rolleyes:
This is one of the drawbacks of using a server CPU on the desktop. In lights-off Xserve this would not matter as most of the data is already cached in memory.
I think there might be lights out for future MacPro Xeons if AMD where to catch up in the race.
:rolleyes:
Parikh1234
Aug 25, 02:57 PM
I have had no luck today getting two batteries replaced. I enter their serial numbers and it tells me they are not valid serials, even though they fall within the range. When I call the support number and hit 5, i just get a busy tone and it hangs up on me.
Leoff
Aug 6, 05:36 AM
MacBegginer and MacBookBeginner: Enough of this "Pro" stuff, the MacBeginner will be an old beige Performas with a Duo core shoved in there, to help the recycling effort. The MacBookBeginner will be an old 1400c, as they had a few dozen still laying about.
MacCon: A cardboard box with both an Apple and "Intel Inside" logo on the front, a blank CD stuck in the side, and a hole in the top (simulated iSight for your friends). Will still be superior to anything Dell has.
iPod Newton: Radical case design redesign for the iPod where it will now survive a fall from an apple tree.
XBox Server: Microsoft and Apple join forces again. X-box controls included with every XServer, but because it's Microsoft, it locks up more frequently. Server reliability plummets, but the help desk techs have a LOT of fun.
MacCon: A cardboard box with both an Apple and "Intel Inside" logo on the front, a blank CD stuck in the side, and a hole in the top (simulated iSight for your friends). Will still be superior to anything Dell has.
iPod Newton: Radical case design redesign for the iPod where it will now survive a fall from an apple tree.
XBox Server: Microsoft and Apple join forces again. X-box controls included with every XServer, but because it's Microsoft, it locks up more frequently. Server reliability plummets, but the help desk techs have a LOT of fun.
yg17
Apr 28, 04:48 PM
Because there was never a question of wither or not any of those men were born in the US, with Obama the past was always a bit hazy as to if he was actually born in Hawaii or thats just what his parents told him. Obviously he doesn’t remember BEING BORN in hawaii..his parents could have just told him that.
But now we have proof and its all over with there’s no need to be calling names about it.
It never was hazy, there was never any shred of evidence to suggest he was born elsewhere. The ONLY thing they had was the fact that his father was born in Kenya, but if having one parent from another country disqualifies you for being president, then that would disqualify a lot of past presidents, and disqualify Donald Trump.
But now we have proof and its all over with there’s no need to be calling names about it.
It never was hazy, there was never any shred of evidence to suggest he was born elsewhere. The ONLY thing they had was the fact that his father was born in Kenya, but if having one parent from another country disqualifies you for being president, then that would disqualify a lot of past presidents, and disqualify Donald Trump.
Mattie Num Nums
Apr 20, 09:57 AM
http://cultofmac.cultofmaccom.netdna-cdn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Screen-shot-2011-04-19-at-8.37.05-PM.png
feel free to point out how difficult it is to see any similarities...
I think 3M should sue apple because the Notes icon looks like a 3M notepad.
feel free to point out how difficult it is to see any similarities...
I think 3M should sue apple because the Notes icon looks like a 3M notepad.
Man9z0r
Apr 5, 05:01 PM
I hope this to be true. I have been wanting to get this software!
New to video and have heard a lot of good things. :eek:
New to video and have heard a lot of good things. :eek:
solarguy17
Apr 6, 01:29 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
I wonder if that accounts for the fact that people access the store with the demos at stores.
When I played with one at BB I acessed the store and dl'd a free app to see it actually in action.
I wonder if that accounts for the fact that people access the store with the demos at stores.
When I played with one at BB I acessed the store and dl'd a free app to see it actually in action.
NJRonbo
Jun 15, 02:17 PM
What a cluster F it was at Radio Shack.
It was just my friend and I on line. Nobody else.
Was there for 30 minutes before I left for work
leaving them with my name. My friend stayed
an additional 30 minutes.
They could not generate a pin. System kept
rejecting their request. Finally we were told they
were out of pins.
Meanwhile, I still see posts about some of you
getting PIN numbers.
It was just my friend and I on line. Nobody else.
Was there for 30 minutes before I left for work
leaving them with my name. My friend stayed
an additional 30 minutes.
They could not generate a pin. System kept
rejecting their request. Finally we were told they
were out of pins.
Meanwhile, I still see posts about some of you
getting PIN numbers.
KnightWRX
Mar 22, 12:59 PM
I agree.
But who in their right minds would want to own something called a Playbook? :o
Coaches all over the world. You know, to replace their paper Playbooks. ;)
But who in their right minds would want to own something called a Playbook? :o
Coaches all over the world. You know, to replace their paper Playbooks. ;)
ciTiger
Mar 25, 10:35 PM
What? this seems hard to believe... Already done on development? :confused:
AndrewR23
Apr 11, 11:23 AM
I hope not. I want the 5 now :)
Rodimus Prime
Apr 27, 02:43 PM
They're not. The proper file is flat. I downloaded and opened the PDF from the White House. Flat in both Illustrator and Photoshop, just one group on one layer... and no security on the PDF. No embedded fonts.
This is a fraud.
could be you 2 are using different version of Illustrator or have different settings on them.
I have only played with Illustrator/ photohop ect but I would not be surprised that it could automatically being doing that when you open the file trying to detected Text and signatures and giving you the ability to remove/move them easily for editing purposes.
Hell I while I was working I scanned in a document and used software to pull of my signature and save it so i could easily attached it to other documents I was emailing out. Mind you some security got embeded in the file when I was putting it on other PDFs.
could be any number of reasons.
This is a fraud.
could be you 2 are using different version of Illustrator or have different settings on them.
I have only played with Illustrator/ photohop ect but I would not be surprised that it could automatically being doing that when you open the file trying to detected Text and signatures and giving you the ability to remove/move them easily for editing purposes.
Hell I while I was working I scanned in a document and used software to pull of my signature and save it so i could easily attached it to other documents I was emailing out. Mind you some security got embeded in the file when I was putting it on other PDFs.
could be any number of reasons.
studiomusic
Nov 29, 12:08 PM
Does she appear on emusic?
Why yes, she does!
Got a few people from the SLC here I see...
Why yes, she does!
Got a few people from the SLC here I see...
smokeyboi
Jul 20, 11:14 AM
any talk of a quad core merom or mobile cpu?
aloshka
Apr 25, 03:08 PM
My Garmin saves way points too!
SUE THEM!!!! I don't understand how my personal information can be on my phone. I'm suing everyone! I'm suing mac rumors too, because I just posted a private message, and it's visible on this forum.
SUE THEM!!!! I don't understand how my personal information can be on my phone. I'm suing everyone! I'm suing mac rumors too, because I just posted a private message, and it's visible on this forum.
THX1139
Aug 20, 03:45 AM
Anyway I'm glad you guys aren't too angry with me cause this time forward is really going to be a power explosion on all personal computers and we all know here that OS X is the only way to fly with the new hardware. Once we get Leopard on board and the remainder of all the pro aplications go UB and MultiCore Optimized, 2007 forward are going to be amazing times for creativity with little to no waiting for any processes to get done. :) Whoopie!
Yeah, now all we have to do is be able to afford it. Wonder what the price point on tigerton or clovertown is going to be. Probably way more coin than I have! How is it going to be possible for Apple or any other vendor to utilize those mega multi-core processers and keep the systems affordable for the common man? They are going to need a middle ground machine more than ever! Not every professional is going to need more than 4 cores let alone be willing to pay for it. I think the more processors, the more specialized the computer is going to become.
Yeah, now all we have to do is be able to afford it. Wonder what the price point on tigerton or clovertown is going to be. Probably way more coin than I have! How is it going to be possible for Apple or any other vendor to utilize those mega multi-core processers and keep the systems affordable for the common man? They are going to need a middle ground machine more than ever! Not every professional is going to need more than 4 cores let alone be willing to pay for it. I think the more processors, the more specialized the computer is going to become.
portishead
Apr 12, 01:05 PM
Good for you ;)
Used to be like that for me but on the projects I work on everybody's gone crazy over DSLRs so I'm stuck with converting.
I know. I'm lucky that I don't have to deal with that. That's what I mean by different people, different workflows. If I had to work with the DSLR workflow, it would drive me crazy. Dealing with source files, converting, proxies, offline, online.
One thing I have never had to deal with in FCP is having an offline/online workflow. It's saved me a lot of headaches I used to have to deal with in Avid. Not that Avid was bad, but capturing once is always easier than twice.
Used to be like that for me but on the projects I work on everybody's gone crazy over DSLRs so I'm stuck with converting.
I know. I'm lucky that I don't have to deal with that. That's what I mean by different people, different workflows. If I had to work with the DSLR workflow, it would drive me crazy. Dealing with source files, converting, proxies, offline, online.
One thing I have never had to deal with in FCP is having an offline/online workflow. It's saved me a lot of headaches I used to have to deal with in Avid. Not that Avid was bad, but capturing once is always easier than twice.
truz
Aug 6, 02:27 AM
I'd like to see a 25" imac pro :) hmm. August 7th 1985, birth date. I get the best of both worlds, it's my 21st birthday and WWDC landed on the same day!
I'd like to see a new wireless router by apple along with a 25" imac pro so I can purchase one tomorrow :D
I'd like to see a new wireless router by apple along with a 25" imac pro so I can purchase one tomorrow :D
No comments:
Post a Comment