hcuar
Sep 19, 12:27 PM
I'm finding it hilarious that you can put yourself into Stevie's reality distortion field even after the Intel switch. Maybe while Apple had PPC, you could have said that. But now that direct hardware comparisons can be made, don't you think it's stupid that sub-$1000 PC notebooks have better processors than the best Apple has to offer?
And yes, the MBP is a top-of-the-line laptop. Apart from 2'' thick behemoths, it was one of the fastest portables around, and it was priced accordingly. Now it's still priced as such, but times are moving, technology is advancing, and if you compare pound for pound, the MBP is behind.
No way are you looking at a sub $1000 PC notebook with a Core 2 Duo. (edit: haha the Core 2 Duo you linked is a POS... it might be a C2D, but it operates at 1/2 the core frequency... GG).
It's not a matter of comparing Dell/Alienware to Apple for myself. There's only one type of machine I would purchase. I wouldn't purchase the current Macbook/pro right now realizing that a refresh is coming. However, some people really wouldn't care. If I "had" to purchase one... I'd get the Apple hands down. I'd gimp a bit and get OS X.
No... I don't have a MBP... no... I don't have an Intel based Mac. I'm sitting on the two Macs in my sig. I won't upgrade them until they die.
I'm not in any sort of reality distortion field. I just understand paying a bit more and accepting the products offered is a better option that getting "leet" hardware. Best example for me is AMD versus Intel. AMD has offered a faster processor for years, which was actually cheaper (until recently)... However Intel has provided the quality/stability. Therefore I wouldn't touch AMD. (I did with the XP line... big mistake). I consider Apple to be in the same realm. Did you ever consider that Apple actually cares about the engineering, and might be working a few bugs out?
I believe the age of good enough and cheap is over for the PC world. The market is making a shift to better reliability/stability.
And yes, the MBP is a top-of-the-line laptop. Apart from 2'' thick behemoths, it was one of the fastest portables around, and it was priced accordingly. Now it's still priced as such, but times are moving, technology is advancing, and if you compare pound for pound, the MBP is behind.
No way are you looking at a sub $1000 PC notebook with a Core 2 Duo. (edit: haha the Core 2 Duo you linked is a POS... it might be a C2D, but it operates at 1/2 the core frequency... GG).
It's not a matter of comparing Dell/Alienware to Apple for myself. There's only one type of machine I would purchase. I wouldn't purchase the current Macbook/pro right now realizing that a refresh is coming. However, some people really wouldn't care. If I "had" to purchase one... I'd get the Apple hands down. I'd gimp a bit and get OS X.
No... I don't have a MBP... no... I don't have an Intel based Mac. I'm sitting on the two Macs in my sig. I won't upgrade them until they die.
I'm not in any sort of reality distortion field. I just understand paying a bit more and accepting the products offered is a better option that getting "leet" hardware. Best example for me is AMD versus Intel. AMD has offered a faster processor for years, which was actually cheaper (until recently)... However Intel has provided the quality/stability. Therefore I wouldn't touch AMD. (I did with the XP line... big mistake). I consider Apple to be in the same realm. Did you ever consider that Apple actually cares about the engineering, and might be working a few bugs out?
I believe the age of good enough and cheap is over for the PC world. The market is making a shift to better reliability/stability.
Roto3180
Mar 31, 04:45 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
I also kind of thought that Google would close things off after awhile. Android is what Wonblows was in the 90s. Every Tom, Dick and Harry wrote software for it, most of it was crap but gave the belief it was superior to the Mac OS. Microshaft cracked down and eased out the bad software developers and the same thing will happen to Android. Especially since rouge developers have came about.
I also kind of thought that Google would close things off after awhile. Android is what Wonblows was in the 90s. Every Tom, Dick and Harry wrote software for it, most of it was crap but gave the belief it was superior to the Mac OS. Microshaft cracked down and eased out the bad software developers and the same thing will happen to Android. Especially since rouge developers have came about.
spazzcat
Mar 22, 01:44 PM
Lol. So many kid Apple fanboys.
iOS is clearly outdated if compared to Honeycomb and QNX.
The iPad 2 is nice, but it needs more RAM. Multitasking is just terrible with few RAM and bad OS processes handling.
Multitasking in iOS is sometimes a joke, specially if you're web browsing and using some chat app (like IM+, BeeJive etc.).
I'm glad that RIM and Samsung come with those prices.
Next months will be crucial for me to decide the successor of my iPad 1.
I played with Honeycomb over the weekend on tablet, it's toy....
iOS is clearly outdated if compared to Honeycomb and QNX.
The iPad 2 is nice, but it needs more RAM. Multitasking is just terrible with few RAM and bad OS processes handling.
Multitasking in iOS is sometimes a joke, specially if you're web browsing and using some chat app (like IM+, BeeJive etc.).
I'm glad that RIM and Samsung come with those prices.
Next months will be crucial for me to decide the successor of my iPad 1.
I played with Honeycomb over the weekend on tablet, it's toy....
LagunaSol
Apr 6, 03:54 PM
You're absolutely right. Better than the junk in the app store. At the end of the day there aren't that many QUALITY apps on ipad either. I know because I have one.
"Junk?" You're hilarious. Show me a single Honeycomb app that compares to GarageBand. Keynote. Pages. OmniFocus. Swords & Sworcery. Djay. The list goes on and on. Enjoy your widgets. It's too bad for your wife you don't know how to find and download good iPad apps for her.
"Junk?" You're hilarious. Show me a single Honeycomb app that compares to GarageBand. Keynote. Pages. OmniFocus. Swords & Sworcery. Djay. The list goes on and on. Enjoy your widgets. It's too bad for your wife you don't know how to find and download good iPad apps for her.
alent1234
Mar 22, 01:40 PM
Is this a joke? What specs? Where are the apps, where are amazing games, where are publications and magazines? No where to be found.
Playbook will not even scratch the surface - you heart it here first.
lulz:apple:
the web is not an app
Playbook will not even scratch the surface - you heart it here first.
lulz:apple:
the web is not an app
hobo.hopkins
Apr 27, 08:48 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)
This is a lie
The iPhone is not logging your location. Rather, it’s maintaining a database of Wi-Fi hotspots and cell towers around your current location,
Keeping a database of our general location is logging our location. :mad: Does Apple really think this double talk, where they say they keep a database of location but don't log the location is going to fly?
At least our overlord will now, I hope, stop collecting location data when location services are turned off. It's a disgrace that it took a media storm to shame them into action.
It wouldn't hurt to actually read the article. I know this wouldn't allow you to write the gibberish that is your paranoia, so I can see why you wouldn't. They say very clearly that they will be releasing an update to the particular problem of location services. Also, the phone isn't logging your location if it is logging cell towers and some wifi hotspots. It's logging those locations.
This is a lie
The iPhone is not logging your location. Rather, it’s maintaining a database of Wi-Fi hotspots and cell towers around your current location,
Keeping a database of our general location is logging our location. :mad: Does Apple really think this double talk, where they say they keep a database of location but don't log the location is going to fly?
At least our overlord will now, I hope, stop collecting location data when location services are turned off. It's a disgrace that it took a media storm to shame them into action.
It wouldn't hurt to actually read the article. I know this wouldn't allow you to write the gibberish that is your paranoia, so I can see why you wouldn't. They say very clearly that they will be releasing an update to the particular problem of location services. Also, the phone isn't logging your location if it is logging cell towers and some wifi hotspots. It's logging those locations.
NickPill
Aug 7, 11:56 PM
It's not yet available to ADC Select/Premier members that didn't go to todays keynote.
I'd kinda like to know myself since I couldn't attend.
Thanks for the info. But I can�t believe Apple will not offer 10.5 for downloading. It sounded like that every ADC Select and Premier member would get a copy immediately... Too bad I couldn�t make it this year to the WWDC.
I'd kinda like to know myself since I couldn't attend.
Thanks for the info. But I can�t believe Apple will not offer 10.5 for downloading. It sounded like that every ADC Select and Premier member would get a copy immediately... Too bad I couldn�t make it this year to the WWDC.
jordo
Nov 28, 08:46 PM
I think we all saw this coming with Microsoft setting Apple up for this with their feeble Zune; I'm not surprised. I mean it is not like Microsoft is actually going to pay up, as they would have to actually sell a unit before they did that, ha!
Universal has it coming if they think that the leading digital media player manufacturer is going to dish out money to them for a product whose production/ingenuity they have nothing to do with. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that Sony ever paid $10 to each music company for each CD player they sold. This is like forcing Apple to pay a fee to the manufacturer of my desk because my iBook sits on it. Jobs has no reason to give in. Apple holds 75% of the cards in the US market alone, and if other people want in on the action, they should consider themselves lucky if they are chosen. I smell a boycott...
Universal has it coming if they think that the leading digital media player manufacturer is going to dish out money to them for a product whose production/ingenuity they have nothing to do with. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that Sony ever paid $10 to each music company for each CD player they sold. This is like forcing Apple to pay a fee to the manufacturer of my desk because my iBook sits on it. Jobs has no reason to give in. Apple holds 75% of the cards in the US market alone, and if other people want in on the action, they should consider themselves lucky if they are chosen. I smell a boycott...
yac_moda
Jul 27, 02:45 PM
Nice news from intel, good for WWDC ...
... Apple will probably announce right before, since SJ said long ago no hard announcements at WWDC.
Of course he reverses A LOT :eek:
ARE YOU PREPARED for the NASTY NEWS THAT COULD COME AT ANY TIME :eek: :eek:
MS will announce that they are dropping Mac development :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:
DON'T YOU GET IT ...
... this is the plan Bill G., the NICE GUY, leaves MS with his CLOD BULLDOG in charge AND YOU GET WHAT YOU GET, Balmer cuts the Mac devision and probably a TON of other jobs too and then they announce their MP3 player and all sorts of services !!!
This way their player looks more credible then Apple, for a while anyway !!
If Apple was smart after all they would have hired me to test their spreadsheet app a long time ago, I am after all, the SPREADSHEET GOD :cool:
... Apple will probably announce right before, since SJ said long ago no hard announcements at WWDC.
Of course he reverses A LOT :eek:
ARE YOU PREPARED for the NASTY NEWS THAT COULD COME AT ANY TIME :eek: :eek:
MS will announce that they are dropping Mac development :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:
DON'T YOU GET IT ...
... this is the plan Bill G., the NICE GUY, leaves MS with his CLOD BULLDOG in charge AND YOU GET WHAT YOU GET, Balmer cuts the Mac devision and probably a TON of other jobs too and then they announce their MP3 player and all sorts of services !!!
This way their player looks more credible then Apple, for a while anyway !!
If Apple was smart after all they would have hired me to test their spreadsheet app a long time ago, I am after all, the SPREADSHEET GOD :cool:
MacBoobsPro
Jul 20, 08:24 AM
New MacPro rev2.
8 cores = 24Ghz
(with Free fire extinguisher and ear plugs) :p
8 cores = 24Ghz
(with Free fire extinguisher and ear plugs) :p
yg17
Feb 28, 12:54 PM
A same-sex attracted person is living a "gay lifestyle" when he or she dates people of the same sex, "marries" people of the same sex, has same-sex sex, or does any combination of these things. I think that if same-sex attracted people are going to live together, they need to do that as though they were siblings, not as sex partners. In my opinion, they should have purely platonic, nonsexual relationships with one another.
Why do you care what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home?
Why do you care what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home?
louden
Aug 27, 06:36 PM
IF new MBPs are announced tomorrow
and
IF people who had ordered new MBPs see their ship dates slip
Then wouldn't that signal that prices won't change for the various models from existing prices AND that we shouldn't assume drastic shell changes? Sure they can give us easy access and a magnetic lid, but no options on a glossy screen and no black anodized aluminum.
If I were Apple, I'd hold off on the black aluminum for a few months to get a few of us suckers to buy two of the damn things... Malibu Stacy Marketing 101.
and
IF people who had ordered new MBPs see their ship dates slip
Then wouldn't that signal that prices won't change for the various models from existing prices AND that we shouldn't assume drastic shell changes? Sure they can give us easy access and a magnetic lid, but no options on a glossy screen and no black anodized aluminum.
If I were Apple, I'd hold off on the black aluminum for a few months to get a few of us suckers to buy two of the damn things... Malibu Stacy Marketing 101.
daneoni
Aug 27, 04:33 PM
PS I thought the PB G5 next Tuesday thing was quite funny - precisely because it has been done to death, first dead straight (remember how excited people got for so many years), and now because it's a useful reminder not to take our speculations too seriously...
Another person who grasps it.
Another person who grasps it.
appleguy123
Feb 28, 08:43 PM
No because heterosexuality is the default way the brain works
Isn't it all hormonal mishaps in the womb? Does your God control that? If so, he is predisposing people to sin, and isn't that unfair that not all are exposed to that disposition?
Isn't it all hormonal mishaps in the womb? Does your God control that? If so, he is predisposing people to sin, and isn't that unfair that not all are exposed to that disposition?
wpotere
Apr 27, 01:49 PM
Oh you're right, that is completely applicable and single-handedly discredits the foundation of the American government. Instead of government, let's all gather around and talk about our feelings.
Sarcasm ^
Nah, instead we can all stand around and look at a birth certificate! :rolleyes:
Sarcasm ^
Nah, instead we can all stand around and look at a birth certificate! :rolleyes:
Imola Ghost
Apr 8, 12:15 AM
This may be why I haven't gotten my iPad 2 white wifi only from BB. I put a deposit down a couple of hours after it went on sale. They just called me last night to tell me that it came in.
ten-oak-druid
Apr 19, 03:12 PM
Apple better not win this case and anyone who thinks that they should are a fool.
lame
lame
UK-MacAddict
Apr 11, 05:12 PM
If this is true I think Apple are looking to slot yearly iPhone releases into January since the month has been clear for them since they pulled out of Macworld.
If this is the case then I'll probably sell my black iPhone 4 and get the white iPhone 4 if they really do release it this spring. I wanted the white when they came out and if iPhone 5 is being delayed getting the white will be like a new phone anyways :D
Also I dont think any iPhone will have 4G until 2013 at the earliest. Many countries dont have it up and running yet and I cant seeing Apple making one specifically for the US market. I live in the UK and the networks wont even be able to start bidding for the technology until early 2012 with devices actually showing up until 2013. So I think Apple will wait until its biggest markets for the iPhone catch up before anything is released.
If this is the case then I'll probably sell my black iPhone 4 and get the white iPhone 4 if they really do release it this spring. I wanted the white when they came out and if iPhone 5 is being delayed getting the white will be like a new phone anyways :D
Also I dont think any iPhone will have 4G until 2013 at the earliest. Many countries dont have it up and running yet and I cant seeing Apple making one specifically for the US market. I live in the UK and the networks wont even be able to start bidding for the technology until early 2012 with devices actually showing up until 2013. So I think Apple will wait until its biggest markets for the iPhone catch up before anything is released.
shawnce
Aug 27, 07:27 PM
Now. But how much have iMac prices changed since release? I don't think they have. They released the iMac and MBP lines around the same time Yonah was intro'ed, and the iMacs did not see any speed bumps or price changes that I know of. Therefore they should be able to implement similar pricing with Conroe @ 2.4GHz, just with a profit margin closer to the iMac release amounts. Apple new future pricing plans looong before we did... they likely picked the price point with that in mind.
mobilehavoc
Apr 6, 03:32 PM
Congrats, you will be able to play with the handful of apps designed for it.
;)
You're absolutely right. Better than the junk in the app store. At the end of the day there aren't that many QUALITY apps on ipad either. I know because I have one.
;)
You're absolutely right. Better than the junk in the app store. At the end of the day there aren't that many QUALITY apps on ipad either. I know because I have one.
gekko513
Jul 15, 01:24 PM
The only reason I see Apple going all Woodcrest is to justify their high markups , while insulting you Mac Loyalist on price they also offer you less performance for your money.
Look here at the current woody pricing at Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=ENE&N=50001157+2010340343+1050922423&Subcategory=343&description=&srchInDesc=&minPrice=&maxPrice=
So apple is going to charge you guys $1799 for a Desktop with a 2.0ghz CPU , when everyone else will charge $1199 for a Conroe E6600 2.4ghz based desktop.
This is not looking good apple.
There's a good point here, but it's not the one you're pointing at. If Apple continues as they have with the PowerMac pricing, the Mac Pro will not be an insult if you compare it to Dells, HP and other vendors' pro offerings. Historically they have all been at very comparable price levels for comparable products. There are other differences between the lines than GHz. Quality standards for the pro/expensive lines are higher than for the consumer line, for one thing.
The point is that Apple doesn't have an option for potential buyers that want a high performance, customisable and upgradable consumer level product (not all-in-one). There are no Apple product to compare those $1199 Conroe PCs to. The closest thing is the iMac.
Look here at the current woody pricing at Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=ENE&N=50001157+2010340343+1050922423&Subcategory=343&description=&srchInDesc=&minPrice=&maxPrice=
So apple is going to charge you guys $1799 for a Desktop with a 2.0ghz CPU , when everyone else will charge $1199 for a Conroe E6600 2.4ghz based desktop.
This is not looking good apple.
There's a good point here, but it's not the one you're pointing at. If Apple continues as they have with the PowerMac pricing, the Mac Pro will not be an insult if you compare it to Dells, HP and other vendors' pro offerings. Historically they have all been at very comparable price levels for comparable products. There are other differences between the lines than GHz. Quality standards for the pro/expensive lines are higher than for the consumer line, for one thing.
The point is that Apple doesn't have an option for potential buyers that want a high performance, customisable and upgradable consumer level product (not all-in-one). There are no Apple product to compare those $1199 Conroe PCs to. The closest thing is the iMac.
err404
Apr 25, 04:07 PM
With that and other simple info I can find out where you work, where you bank, where you live, what time you usually get home...
Have you looked at the actual data? I doubt it could be used to determine any of those things.
First it logs tower locations, not your location. This means that the data points can be off by miles.
Next the towers are not logged every you are in range. In fact weeks or months can go by between data point refreshes. This makes the data useless for observing user movement trends.
Lastly the data contains a lot of anomalies that further cloud the results. I have data on my phone from nearby cities that I have never visited, and some even hundreds of miles away.
Have you looked at the actual data? I doubt it could be used to determine any of those things.
First it logs tower locations, not your location. This means that the data points can be off by miles.
Next the towers are not logged every you are in range. In fact weeks or months can go by between data point refreshes. This makes the data useless for observing user movement trends.
Lastly the data contains a lot of anomalies that further cloud the results. I have data on my phone from nearby cities that I have never visited, and some even hundreds of miles away.
basesloaded190
Apr 6, 11:12 AM
I still don't think this means new MacBook Airs in June. Can anyone really see Apple releasing new hardware before Lion is released?
Why not?
Why not?
bigandy
Nov 29, 11:37 AM
Same here, paying a levy on iPod's is like paying one on Hard drives as many of them contain copyrighted material, except they could never do that as the business world would go insane if they had to pay a levy to the music industry.
i agree too. it's kinda making you want to rip off their music seeing as you'd be paying for it already :rolleyes:
i agree too. it's kinda making you want to rip off their music seeing as you'd be paying for it already :rolleyes:
No comments:
Post a Comment