wpotere
Apr 27, 10:17 AM
Trump is a hero. :rolleyes:
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/27/trump-takes-credit-for-release-of-obamas-long-form-birth-certificate/
I listened to the report and I can't understand a word he is saying. He babbles about nothing.
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/27/trump-takes-credit-for-release-of-obamas-long-form-birth-certificate/
I listened to the report and I can't understand a word he is saying. He babbles about nothing.
mactree
Apr 25, 04:40 PM
I'm sure they're re-writting their next big unveiling keynote as we speak, since this was probably part of some amazing new feature we would have all stood up and cheered for :apple:
Georgie
Aug 26, 02:55 PM
Dude. You bought Rev. A machines. I've bought -- EIGHTEEN Macs over the past two years and -- nope NO problems. Granted, they are all PowerPc Macs. Just bought the final Rev. PowerPC 12" Powerbook G4 last week. I'm pleased as punch.
Sorry about your luck but you bought Rev. A machines. The only Rev A machine I ever bought from Apple was the Titanium (tibook) 400mhz G4 Powerbook in August of 2001. Three years later, almost to the day the warranty ended, Apple replaced almost the whole machine under Applecare. That was about my only trouble with Apple, and the problem with the machine was that I was really scared and all thumbs when it came to putting in a stick of memory -- broke the holders and they sent a whole new logic board. That machine is still going strong, with a DayStar CPU upgrade, in a friend's office, and it's got years left in her.
Three of my friends still are on 1998 and 1999 iMacs, going strong with new harddrives only. Two of my other friends are on 2001 and 2000 year iMacs -- one with the same hard drive. Two friends are on 2001/2000 iBooks, going strong. My sister and two other friends are on year 2002 iMacs. All kicking butt. Personally, I prefer my year 2002 667mhz VGA Titanium Powerbook (on it right now) to my other machines and will be upgrading the CPU to 1.2ghz in a few months at Daystar. All to say that Apple makes kickbutt machines. Sorry about your luck. Oh, and again, forgot to mention that since i've been on Apple since 1989, I never had a virus. I bought NOrton Anti Virus out of ignorance once inthe 90's and once in but promptly took it off the puters, unnecessary.
If I were you, I'd have started off with the top of the line G5 2.1ghz 20" iMac (with iSight) and a 14" 1.42ghz iBook. You understand, these are the top of the line of the great PowerPC line of Apple products. It's like buying a 1989 560SL Mercedes (last year) or a 1968 Mustang convertible. I'd ask Apple for a trade 'em in for your rev a machines at least until Rev C Mactels.
Ohhh, Rev A!
I guess I wasn't watching carefully or listening intently when they explained that part in the commercials. Did anyone else hear Mac-dude explain that I would be buying a "Rev A" product and should expect it to fail within three months? Maybe that's what he was saying in Japanese with Camera-chick.
This "Rev A" excuse doesn't hold water. See, had I known that I might not have bought a Mac at all. And if it's true I should expect my $2000 to buy a broken toaster then I also expect Apple to replace it, not make up excuses. As far as that goes, they should pay me to QC their products.
Sorry about your luck but you bought Rev. A machines. The only Rev A machine I ever bought from Apple was the Titanium (tibook) 400mhz G4 Powerbook in August of 2001. Three years later, almost to the day the warranty ended, Apple replaced almost the whole machine under Applecare. That was about my only trouble with Apple, and the problem with the machine was that I was really scared and all thumbs when it came to putting in a stick of memory -- broke the holders and they sent a whole new logic board. That machine is still going strong, with a DayStar CPU upgrade, in a friend's office, and it's got years left in her.
Three of my friends still are on 1998 and 1999 iMacs, going strong with new harddrives only. Two of my other friends are on 2001 and 2000 year iMacs -- one with the same hard drive. Two friends are on 2001/2000 iBooks, going strong. My sister and two other friends are on year 2002 iMacs. All kicking butt. Personally, I prefer my year 2002 667mhz VGA Titanium Powerbook (on it right now) to my other machines and will be upgrading the CPU to 1.2ghz in a few months at Daystar. All to say that Apple makes kickbutt machines. Sorry about your luck. Oh, and again, forgot to mention that since i've been on Apple since 1989, I never had a virus. I bought NOrton Anti Virus out of ignorance once inthe 90's and once in but promptly took it off the puters, unnecessary.
If I were you, I'd have started off with the top of the line G5 2.1ghz 20" iMac (with iSight) and a 14" 1.42ghz iBook. You understand, these are the top of the line of the great PowerPC line of Apple products. It's like buying a 1989 560SL Mercedes (last year) or a 1968 Mustang convertible. I'd ask Apple for a trade 'em in for your rev a machines at least until Rev C Mactels.
Ohhh, Rev A!
I guess I wasn't watching carefully or listening intently when they explained that part in the commercials. Did anyone else hear Mac-dude explain that I would be buying a "Rev A" product and should expect it to fail within three months? Maybe that's what he was saying in Japanese with Camera-chick.
This "Rev A" excuse doesn't hold water. See, had I known that I might not have bought a Mac at all. And if it's true I should expect my $2000 to buy a broken toaster then I also expect Apple to replace it, not make up excuses. As far as that goes, they should pay me to QC their products.
iGary
Aug 11, 11:19 AM
I've been looking at the Treo, but they're not easy to come by for Vodafone contract, if at all.
And they suck - I had a 600, which fell into the water and was replaced by insurance with a 650, which is only marginally better.
I don't believe the rumor - Steve wouldn't blab, he just wouldn't.
We only have a month to wait, though. :)
And they suck - I had a 600, which fell into the water and was replaced by insurance with a 650, which is only marginally better.
I don't believe the rumor - Steve wouldn't blab, he just wouldn't.
We only have a month to wait, though. :)
orangerizzla
Apr 6, 10:37 AM
I'm just guessing but it's possible that Apple will announce the new FCS and ship it when Lion ships, perhaps around the June WWDC.
I think your probably right but I sure hope they announce something. I certainly didn't buy my brand new MacPro to run the leather clad iCal... ;-)
I think your probably right but I sure hope they announce something. I certainly didn't buy my brand new MacPro to run the leather clad iCal... ;-)
LethalWolfe
Apr 5, 08:07 PM
As someone who's attended NAB yearly, (and again this year) Apple has not had a presence there since and currently are NOT on the exhibitor list for this years convention. Will take pics if I'm wrong though.
The Supermeet is a meet-up of Final Cut Pro User Groups from across the country that coincides with NAB. It is not a part of NAB itself.
Lethal
The Supermeet is a meet-up of Final Cut Pro User Groups from across the country that coincides with NAB. It is not a part of NAB itself.
Lethal
yoak
Aug 11, 03:12 PM
Who wants to go through the trouble of doing a software change to unlock their phone.
Me for one.
I have done it on all my phones. Reason is simple; when I travel outside Norway and will spend more than a week there, I�ll get a local SIM card because it�s so expensive to use my Norwegian phone (both calling and recieving) As I buy my phones locked to a provider in Norway, I have to unlock them to make this work.
Guess this is more relevant in Europe where people tend to visit different countries more often due to small distances
Me for one.
I have done it on all my phones. Reason is simple; when I travel outside Norway and will spend more than a week there, I�ll get a local SIM card because it�s so expensive to use my Norwegian phone (both calling and recieving) As I buy my phones locked to a provider in Norway, I have to unlock them to make this work.
Guess this is more relevant in Europe where people tend to visit different countries more often due to small distances
RebootD
Apr 10, 11:39 AM
Considering the number of shocking disappointments (Lion being more iOS, no FCS updates, glossy everything etc) as of late with Apple releases I'm still not holding my breath that they will release something to take me away from CS5. I would love to be surprised though.
rezenclowd3
Dec 8, 12:25 PM
^^^ Again, from Sony and referenced in my post 152 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=11513752&postcount=152)
Sony has since clarified to IGN how damage works in the game. "Damage occurs to cars right from the beginning," Sony said in a statement, "it is not "unlocked."
Confusion seems to have stemmed from its differing implementation across the game's extensive garage, a point that Sony further clarified. "Standard models have minor deformation and scratches," said Sony, "Premium cars have greater visible level of damage, and Premium racing models have the highest level of damage."
I'm not arguing, just pointing out what Sony themselves have to say on the subject. Of course, as you progress further into the game, you are going to use more Premium racing models.
Sony has since clarified to IGN how damage works in the game. "Damage occurs to cars right from the beginning," Sony said in a statement, "it is not "unlocked."
Confusion seems to have stemmed from its differing implementation across the game's extensive garage, a point that Sony further clarified. "Standard models have minor deformation and scratches," said Sony, "Premium cars have greater visible level of damage, and Premium racing models have the highest level of damage."
I'm not arguing, just pointing out what Sony themselves have to say on the subject. Of course, as you progress further into the game, you are going to use more Premium racing models.
Doctor Q
Jul 14, 04:02 PM
top heavy is just idiotic.Case designers aren't perfect, but they aren't idiots either. Some PCs have power supplies on top, despite the top heaviness and the extra path for the power cable. What's the reason? There must be some tradeoff involved or they'd never build them that way.
citizenzen
Mar 22, 07:08 PM
Whether it turns out to be justified depends on subsequent events.
Sounds dangerously like, "the ends justify the means."
Sounds dangerously like, "the ends justify the means."
AtHomeBoy_2000
Aug 5, 05:32 PM
I like the BitTorrent idea, would make downloading software updates very fast, could also be cool if its used for that movie store we have been hearing so much about :p
For legal uses, BitTorrent is awesome. I tried to download NeoOffice from their website, i was getting 20K. Over BitTorrent..... almost my max bandwidth. It was sweet. BitTorrent in an OS has many great possibilities.
For legal uses, BitTorrent is awesome. I tried to download NeoOffice from their website, i was getting 20K. Over BitTorrent..... almost my max bandwidth. It was sweet. BitTorrent in an OS has many great possibilities.
mkjellman
Sep 18, 11:15 PM
For the love of God, please, learn to spell.
for the love of god get a life. oh sorry must be the lack of coffee thats making me tired and irritable
for the love of god get a life. oh sorry must be the lack of coffee thats making me tired and irritable
ender land
Apr 27, 10:05 AM
I would have waited till after I was out of office.
But meh, this whole thing was so outrageously stupid and the total amount of press time and money spent on something relatively obvious (how the @#%$ would someone actually be allowed in the White House by the gov if they were not a citizen?) is just saddening.
But meh, this whole thing was so outrageously stupid and the total amount of press time and money spent on something relatively obvious (how the @#%$ would someone actually be allowed in the White House by the gov if they were not a citizen?) is just saddening.
sinisterdesign
Jul 20, 10:09 AM
eight cores + Tiger = Octopussy?!?
Peace
Aug 7, 04:12 PM
I thought an interesting part was more UB apps next week..
Office?
CS2 ?
Office?
CS2 ?
KnightWRX
Mar 23, 04:32 AM
Probably someone mentioned before, but "a tablet for professionals" named PLAYbook?
I smell an identity crisis.
Yes, someone did mention it before and that person got told that a PLAYbook is a book of strategies, not some kind of book for kids to play with. Think professional sports, the coach has his "playbook" with him with all the different "plays" in it that he's planning to use.
It translates well to the corporate world where company strategies are made and store on this device and communicated through it.
It's mostly non-english speakers that are trying desperately to find a problem with the name that see any sort of identity crisis. Most of us understand why RIM picked the name.
I smell an identity crisis.
Yes, someone did mention it before and that person got told that a PLAYbook is a book of strategies, not some kind of book for kids to play with. Think professional sports, the coach has his "playbook" with him with all the different "plays" in it that he's planning to use.
It translates well to the corporate world where company strategies are made and store on this device and communicated through it.
It's mostly non-english speakers that are trying desperately to find a problem with the name that see any sort of identity crisis. Most of us understand why RIM picked the name.
vivithemage
Apr 27, 08:40 AM
They have some good wordsmiths :D
bagelche
Apr 5, 09:31 PM
I think it won't be released yet, but they've got it to a strong showable point. Underlying architecture probably relies on a few features tied to Lion (QT stuff and more?). Maybe we'd need to upgrade to Lion for it. Ready to go in June or whenever Lion actually hits.
skunk
Mar 23, 06:41 PM
Well, I suppose it really should have been ad homines — the (proper) plural would I think mitigate the gender.I'll go with that. :)
But while the author adheres to a legal argument, reality is more expansive in my mind.Indeed, the prospect of half a million or more refugees flooding neighbouring and hard-pressed countries begs the question of how much such events do in fact impact on world security.
But while the author adheres to a legal argument, reality is more expansive in my mind.Indeed, the prospect of half a million or more refugees flooding neighbouring and hard-pressed countries begs the question of how much such events do in fact impact on world security.
OneMike
Mar 26, 06:27 PM
No Rosetta, no sale for me. Not ready to move on.
I'm glad rosetta is going away. Maybe the dev will finally update the app.
I'm glad rosetta is going away. Maybe the dev will finally update the app.
jackc
Aug 7, 08:02 PM
great . . . i just get a new macbook with tiger now i'm gonna have to get leopard . . . how much will this put me back?
We're talking about at least 6 months before Leopard, it'll cost you $129 I think without an edu discount.
We're talking about at least 6 months before Leopard, it'll cost you $129 I think without an edu discount.
hayesk
Nov 29, 10:45 AM
If Universal gets a royalty from every iPod, then I will help myself to Universal's music library. After all, isn't that what the fee is for?
coolcom
Mar 26, 02:17 PM
Thank you!
I wanted to write every point you just made .. i'm just glad other people are capable of rational thought. It seems as though these people expect that if they don't like something then no one will, as though their uses are the most important and anyone else who disagree's doesn't use their computer for 'real work'.
Every one of the new features in Lion i am really excited about, the integration of server allows me to use my old Mac as a media server, Versions is a killer feature, as a developer i've been using local repo's forever. FDE is epic, anyone who cares about data security and used FileVault understands how much of a pain it is. I use my notebook and plug it into a large screen when i'm at a desk, i'd like fullscreen apps when i'm in notebook mode thanks. I could go on and on ...
I'm running Lion, and personally I hate Mission Control. There is no way to turn it off (there really should be). It's such a pain trying to select the other windows when they are grouped together. Horrendous implementation.
Full screen apps...If I wanted to run and see only one app at a time....I'd use my iPad!! Fullscreen apps are just gimmicky.
Resume...crappy, especially if you're not on a $$$$ SSD. It loads every program that you were using before reboot, good idea, but it just takes forever to use my computer after rebooting since it's loading 10+ apps!
I wanted to write every point you just made .. i'm just glad other people are capable of rational thought. It seems as though these people expect that if they don't like something then no one will, as though their uses are the most important and anyone else who disagree's doesn't use their computer for 'real work'.
Every one of the new features in Lion i am really excited about, the integration of server allows me to use my old Mac as a media server, Versions is a killer feature, as a developer i've been using local repo's forever. FDE is epic, anyone who cares about data security and used FileVault understands how much of a pain it is. I use my notebook and plug it into a large screen when i'm at a desk, i'd like fullscreen apps when i'm in notebook mode thanks. I could go on and on ...
I'm running Lion, and personally I hate Mission Control. There is no way to turn it off (there really should be). It's such a pain trying to select the other windows when they are grouped together. Horrendous implementation.
Full screen apps...If I wanted to run and see only one app at a time....I'd use my iPad!! Fullscreen apps are just gimmicky.
Resume...crappy, especially if you're not on a $$$$ SSD. It loads every program that you were using before reboot, good idea, but it just takes forever to use my computer after rebooting since it's loading 10+ apps!
No comments:
Post a Comment