Wednesday, 11 May 2011

prom updos 2011 curly

prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_1%
  • %IMG_DESC_1%



  • Renegate
    Aug 8, 01:32 AM
    I don't know what there is to be underwhelmed about; the rumor has basically been that the main things being covered here would be the Mac Pro (which exceeded my expectations) and the first real glimpse at Leopard (which looks very cool from what I've seen). I didn't find either the Mac Pro or Leopard to be underwhelming, so I don't see anything that would make me feel underwhelmed.

    I guess I would be underwhelmed if I had mistaken WWDC for Macworld or something, and expected a bunch of major new product announcements.
    And don't forget they said : More things to be announced next week





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_2%
  • %IMG_DESC_2%



  • DaveTheGrey
    Aug 17, 03:55 AM
    did you say, "die power pc, die"?
    no that's german for:

    (sideshow bob)The Power PC...The!!!(/sideshow bob)

    the jury: "no one who speaks german can be an evil man" rofl





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_3%
  • %IMG_DESC_3%



  • leekohler
    Apr 27, 12:29 PM
    I suspected it was a copy, I've never trusted the president, and I probably never will.

    Why? What has he done to make you not trust him? IMO, he's done a decent job so far, and actually gotten quite a bit of good things done.





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_4%
  • %IMG_DESC_4%



  • Tomaz
    Aug 7, 05:34 PM
    Time Machine won't mean much when the HD fails. Back that azz up!

    Also a very good point, so I need a bigger main HD for my MacBookPro (the new Seagate 160GB becomes interesting) for Time Machine, but i still need to back the hole thing up to an external HD in case of a HD crash (I had 2 in the last 8 months!). So Tine Machine doesn't make Backups obsolete, I didn't even think of that up to now. Hmmm..





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_5%
  • %IMG_DESC_5%



  • Steamboatwillie
    Aug 6, 09:53 AM
    It was all the rave to dream of PowerBook G5's next Tuesday! Alas, they never came :(





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_6%
  • %IMG_DESC_6%



  • gnasher729
    Apr 27, 08:59 AM
    You mean to tell me that Apple, a company that seems to release fairly solid software, "neglected" to test that when disabling an option called LOCATION SERVICES, that it actually disabled location checking properly? Are some of you really so Jobsian?

    Call a spade a spade. There's no possible chance this was a mistake. They got caught. They should not be given a pass over it. If a user opts to disable Location Services, they were working under the false impression that their location was no longer being tracked. Seems mighty shifty to me. Doesn't matter how much data might have been user-identifiable. This sounds like something Google would do, not Apple.

    You can think what you want. I develop software for a living. This file is not a "feature", and it isn't and never was present intentionally to store your location data. It is a very, very useful collection of data that in some situations makes your phone work faster and save power. Location Services are disabled when you disable them, and enabled when you enable them. Whoever tested this was testing exactly that: That Location Services does its best to find your location when it is enabled, and that it absolutely refuses to look for your location when it is disabled. That's what enabling/disabling location services means. Nobody at Apple ever cared about this file. It wasn't on anyone's radar before people had their paranoia attack.

    This file recorded locations of WiFi and cell towers, but only the last time that you have been at each place. Exactly what is needed to improve Location Services. All your history, which would have been much more useful to track you, is deleted. Your actual location, which is known to your phone, and which would have been much more useful to track you, is deleted. All because it didn't serve the purpose of this file, which isn't and never was to track you.





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_7%
  • %IMG_DESC_7%



  • JohnnyQuest
    Apr 7, 11:09 PM
    I really hate Best Buy. But unfortunately, there's no Apple Store in my town.





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_8%
  • %IMG_DESC_8%



  • KipCoon
    Nov 29, 09:06 AM
    Lame. As if they aren't gettign enough money as it is. And as someone else said, they just exposed their stance on the subject. So it's not going to happen.





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_9%
  • %IMG_DESC_9%



  • TangoCharlie
    Jul 28, 05:16 AM
    Can I swop the Merom with the Yonah in my MB?
    No. Not unless you're extremely handy with a soldering iron!





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_10%
  • %IMG_DESC_10%



  • RedTomato
    Sep 13, 11:04 AM
    Quoting myself, bad boy,

    Arrays of cheap RAM on a PCIe card?


    http://www.superssd.com/products/tera-ramsan/indexb.htm

    That's one answer. 1 TB of DDR on a (rather big) card. Takes 2500 watts to power, but gives you 32GB/sec continous bandwidth.

    Would that be enough to feed an 8-core Mac Pro? (4GB/sec per core, running through the entire 1TB in 32 seconds.... hmmm)

    Wonder when products like that will filter down?

    There's a rather sad Gigabye Ramdisk card at

    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Storage/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2180&ProductName=GC-RAMDISK

    Costs only £100 but has a max capacity of 4GB. You'd be better off spending the money on more system RAM.





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_11%
  • %IMG_DESC_11%



  • ZLurker
    Aug 12, 02:05 AM
    Mac OS Kitten.
    LOL!!
    Good one!





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_12%
  • %IMG_DESC_12%



  • NightFox
    Apr 19, 01:37 PM
    why? iphones outselling itouches by so much makes sense to me.

    Just really basing it on my own experience - I'm the only one of my close friends/family to own an iPhone, but I can count 5 iPod Touches in that same group. Also thought their would be a lot of iPod Touches owned by children rather than iPhones.





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_13%
  • %IMG_DESC_13%



  • MacsRgr8
    Jul 20, 02:28 PM
    Have you ever owned a machine that hasn't been CPU bound? I know I haven't.

    Probably Single CPU bound....

    It will be gr8 being able to get 8 cores in a Mac, but if the software dosn't use it....
    Someone already mentioned that it also gives you the possibility to use those cores by using many apps at once. This is true, but I wonder how many often you will actually use all those cores at once.

    Let's hope the "opposite of Hyperthreading" will come along (Leopard feature???).. So, instead of a "emulating" a Dual Core / CPU config (like on later Pentium 4's), emulate a Single CPU on multiple cores. :cool:
    Then, you get 8 * 3 GHz = 1 * 24 GHz...!!!





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_14%
  • %IMG_DESC_14%



  • Simiber
    Apr 25, 02:17 PM
    IANAL, but AFAIK, here in America, having rights infringed upon is reason for sueing. That, in itself, is a "damage". Hence why Apple is being sued. They apparently are infringing upon the consumers' rights to privacy.

    But how would a judge or jury quantify the size of the claim..? And surely the settlement should go to everyone who has had their right infringed upon, hence why a regulatory body should be responsible for protecting the people's rights so that any fine imposed by the regulator can be further used to protect peoples right to privacy when using a mobile..?

    I understand the fact that the people who sue are taking the risk and costs of the lawsuit, but surely there are times when people's rights are being infringed but because nobody is prepared to sue, nothing ever gets done... If it was primarily the responsibility of a regulatory body to protect the consumer, then people's right to privacy would be protected not only when someone felt they had a case that they could make money out of :/





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_15%
  • %IMG_DESC_15%



  • TripHop
    Jun 18, 06:30 AM
    He said they gave up and that corporate is just going to send out whatever allocation next week not based on any PIN numbers since most stores give-up trying to get them. :rolleyes:





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_16%
  • %IMG_DESC_16%



  • rdowns
    May 3, 09:21 AM
    I'll preface this by saying that I'm not a 'birther', I believe O'bama is the rightful president of the US. That said, this video, if it's true (I don't have Adobe Illustrator to verify) is pretty embarassing:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s9StxsFllY


    Come on, you can do better than this. :rolleyes:





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_17%
  • %IMG_DESC_17%



  • jeanlain
    Apr 12, 02:14 AM
    -
    - removal of "insufficient content" ...
    :confused: so FPC should create content?
    The major thing, though, is they HAVE to start utilizing multiple cores. It's not and as video gets larger, rendering gets more taxing.
    They do. FCP regularly uses more than 100% CPU during render. Not saying it can't be improved though.





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_18%
  • %IMG_DESC_18%



  • BaldiMac
    Mar 22, 03:38 PM
    The iPad two does have some shortcomings, few of which are worth going to to here. However, the OS of these devices IS crucial and we are beginning to see iOS creaking slightly. In terms of looks and notifications, for me, Apple is lagging. I like how the Playbook looks and potentially, should operate. Will I make a snap judgement? No. I'll try the damn thing first before making a judgement.

    Why are you comparing the Playbook that is coming out this summer to iOS 4? Chances are it will be competing with iOS 5. If you want to be fair and all.





    prom updos 2011 curly. %IMG_DESC_19%
  • %IMG_DESC_19%



  • Magrathea
    Apr 6, 11:15 PM
    Youre aware the newest mbp (high end) 15, and 17 haveva 1gb graphics memory, right?

    Yes but not Nvidia so I don't think they can use the CUDA think. correct my if I'm wrong where PP gurus.





    coolcom
    Mar 26, 02:17 PM
    Thank you!

    I wanted to write every point you just made .. i'm just glad other people are capable of rational thought. It seems as though these people expect that if they don't like something then no one will, as though their uses are the most important and anyone else who disagree's doesn't use their computer for 'real work'.

    Every one of the new features in Lion i am really excited about, the integration of server allows me to use my old Mac as a media server, Versions is a killer feature, as a developer i've been using local repo's forever. FDE is epic, anyone who cares about data security and used FileVault understands how much of a pain it is. I use my notebook and plug it into a large screen when i'm at a desk, i'd like fullscreen apps when i'm in notebook mode thanks. I could go on and on ...

    I'm running Lion, and personally I hate Mission Control. There is no way to turn it off (there really should be). It's such a pain trying to select the other windows when they are grouped together. Horrendous implementation.

    Full screen apps...If I wanted to run and see only one app at a time....I'd use my iPad!! Fullscreen apps are just gimmicky.

    Resume...crappy, especially if you're not on a $$$$ SSD. It loads every program that you were using before reboot, good idea, but it just takes forever to use my computer after rebooting since it's loading 10+ apps!





    maclaptop
    Apr 12, 10:33 PM
    I wouldn't worry. I have an insider source who assures me Apple is basing its entire iPhone 5 product launch on when your contract ends. Here's a direct quote from Steve Jobs:

    "While the antenna issues forced us to accelerate our product cycle in favor of a redesign a year earlier than expected, and while the earthquake/tsunami disaster in Japan has added several of its own complications, rest assured that Apple will take every conceivable measure to ensure that the iPhone 5 ships at a time close to the end of mlmathews' 3Gs contract. We have been quite fortunate with the success of out iOS devices in recent years, but we're not about to start pushing our luck here."

    You're right.

    I have confirmation that the upcoming iPhone release date is Tuesday January 17, 2012.





    slackpacker
    Apr 10, 06:29 AM
    Well I bet they handle Formats differently.

    Gone is Pulldown. Gone is Film Support...replaced with the best web movie rendering support in the industry. Also Apple will change the antiquated delivery method for productions. Once your done you publish to the itunes store and you have now distributed your movie. The interface will be a multitrack version of iMovie. From watching this clip and all the industry big wigs saying "its wonderful" Ya its great but in a different way ... because whats going to be released is not FCP studio 4. I'm sure its a whole new thing. So all the iMovie 7 users who had to keep using it because iMovie 8 was a total re-write because of no legacy no pluggin support will happen to FC Editors. This will force Editors who use Studio 3 to continue to use S3 until they build up the features of this "new" editor. Its going to be a very interesting NAB. Avid and Premiere are going to gain a lot of new friends if this is true. But the larger batch of new editors who really could care less about 99% of what this small market needs will be very happy. I also bet the price is quite a bit lower as well.

    This will be the everything is gone and changed upgrade.





    Padraig
    Aug 12, 04:13 AM
    If there is a phone on the way i'm guessing that we can be sure of few things.

    1) Can't see it being a clamshell. Perhaps a slider, but in all likelyhood it will be a candybar - fits in with apple designs aesthetic, simple, elegant design.

    2) It will have to be GSM, UMTS being included as well. There is no way Apple is releasing a CDMA only phone, the market is tiny.

    3) I'm sure Apple will release this by themselves, rather than partnering up with a specific carrier. This would allow people who are already tied into contracts to purchase the phone, without having to switch networks. Also couldn't invisage Apple agreeing to something like Vodafone's software.





    Eidorian
    Sep 13, 08:17 AM
    DAMN :eek:

    so 2-3 years from now are people going to be asking "why am I stuck with dual core in my macbook?" oh yeah I'll mostly be surfing the web and maybe editing a photo once and a while" :rolleyes:Fixed



    No comments:

    Post a Comment