phatpat88
Jul 15, 12:43 AM
So excited... How come no FW800 infront? thats a little crazy no?
Right now the only device I use for FW800 are Hard drives... I would rather have a 2nd USB 2.0 in front than the 800
Right now the only device I use for FW800 are Hard drives... I would rather have a 2nd USB 2.0 in front than the 800
boshii
Apr 11, 11:32 AM
If it's been pushed that far back, LTE better be included.
I can't imagine we see our first LTE iPhone in 2013.
I can't imagine we see our first LTE iPhone in 2013.
ergle2
Sep 19, 09:56 PM
This intel crap updates far too frequently...ugh
:mad:
Speaking personally, I don't see a problem with it.
They've always had updates roughly every 3-6 months, of one kind or another.
:mad:
Speaking personally, I don't see a problem with it.
They've always had updates roughly every 3-6 months, of one kind or another.
Cachiro
Apr 6, 04:10 PM
There is one thing some people don't see, this is one company against an entire army of companies & this one company is doing a hole lot better. Apple will alway be on top when it comes to all this type of gadget get over it people and by the way, I always thought this was Mac rumor forum.
Maybe they should change there name :apple: :D
Maybe they should change there name :apple: :D
Dr Kevorkian94
Apr 11, 02:25 PM
it better be a hell of a upgrade if they wait that long, because if not it will be unacceptable.
ehoui
Apr 19, 03:58 PM
So True...
Poor lost souls rely on Steve to think for them, bring them courage, and guide them in worship.
Anyone who fails to fall in line, is immediately a threat to them.
It's this weakness is laughable.
I don't know what's worse:
1) Poor lost Stevie souls who "fall into line" with everything Apple does; or,
2) Poor lost anti-Stevie souls who "fail to see any good" that Apple does
This is a debate about a topic which few of us are technically qualified to argue. That being said, ad hominem attacks should have no place here regardless of the bucket that one might fall into (1), (2) or other. So I respectfully ask you to knock it off. Thanks.
Poor lost souls rely on Steve to think for them, bring them courage, and guide them in worship.
Anyone who fails to fall in line, is immediately a threat to them.
It's this weakness is laughable.
I don't know what's worse:
1) Poor lost Stevie souls who "fall into line" with everything Apple does; or,
2) Poor lost anti-Stevie souls who "fail to see any good" that Apple does
This is a debate about a topic which few of us are technically qualified to argue. That being said, ad hominem attacks should have no place here regardless of the bucket that one might fall into (1), (2) or other. So I respectfully ask you to knock it off. Thanks.
Dagless
Aug 19, 08:21 AM
Do we know if all cars have fully modelled interiors or if thats just for the luxury cars?
yg17
Apr 28, 04:48 PM
Because there was never a question of wither or not any of those men were born in the US, with Obama the past was always a bit hazy as to if he was actually born in Hawaii or thats just what his parents told him. Obviously he doesn’t remember BEING BORN in hawaii..his parents could have just told him that.
But now we have proof and its all over with there’s no need to be calling names about it.
It never was hazy, there was never any shred of evidence to suggest he was born elsewhere. The ONLY thing they had was the fact that his father was born in Kenya, but if having one parent from another country disqualifies you for being president, then that would disqualify a lot of past presidents, and disqualify Donald Trump.
But now we have proof and its all over with there’s no need to be calling names about it.
It never was hazy, there was never any shred of evidence to suggest he was born elsewhere. The ONLY thing they had was the fact that his father was born in Kenya, but if having one parent from another country disqualifies you for being president, then that would disqualify a lot of past presidents, and disqualify Donald Trump.
gnasher729
Aug 26, 04:08 PM
I dont see much change really, the 1.66GHz merom chip will find its way into the mini (they'll scrap the solo model).
The 1.83 & 2.00GHz for iMacs (if they use merom) and MacBooks and the 2.16 and 2.33 for the 15 & 17 MBPs respectively. Its that simple.
Only problem with that is that a 2.33 GHz Merom chip will be fifty percent more expensive than a 2.16 GHz Yonah is today. So do you think Apple will increase prices of the MacBook Pro by $150 to $200 or reduce their profit?
The 1.83 & 2.00GHz for iMacs (if they use merom) and MacBooks and the 2.16 and 2.33 for the 15 & 17 MBPs respectively. Its that simple.
Only problem with that is that a 2.33 GHz Merom chip will be fifty percent more expensive than a 2.16 GHz Yonah is today. So do you think Apple will increase prices of the MacBook Pro by $150 to $200 or reduce their profit?
philbeeney
Aug 5, 07:11 PM
Here, let me show you the art and science of rumoring (http://www.misterbg.org/AppleProductCycle/), Apple-style.
Now that is so true to life. :D
Now that is so true to life. :D
MacinDoc
Mar 22, 02:25 PM
The screen is not 50% smaller. Nice way of making yourself look stupid.
What BaldiMac said. The 3" increase in screen size of the iPad more than doubles the screen's dimensions.
What BaldiMac said. The 3" increase in screen size of the iPad more than doubles the screen's dimensions.
iMeowbot
Sep 19, 08:43 AM
All you people who keep whining about "But I want 64 bit!!!" need to step back and think about what possible benefit a 64-bit system will give you. Those of you who need to address more than 4 gigs of RAM are excused. The rest of you, tell me WHY you need 64-bit computing.
There is a general unease about the AMD64 instruction set. We are already seeing a few programs that only run on Intel Macs. What's to stop developers from ignoring the x86 target in new software, especially on the high end, given the short sales cycle of x86-only Macs? The Mac Pro didn't even have a 32-bit version.
There is a general unease about the AMD64 instruction set. We are already seeing a few programs that only run on Intel Macs. What's to stop developers from ignoring the x86 target in new software, especially on the high end, given the short sales cycle of x86-only Macs? The Mac Pro didn't even have a 32-bit version.
SeattleMoose
Apr 5, 07:17 PM
When they revamped Logic Pro they cut the price from $999 to $499.....fingers crossed for FCP.
Dagless
Aug 9, 09:06 AM
If sales are the judge of a games greatness, then Mario Kart on the Wii is the greatest racing game of all time. No doubt about it. The number of copies sold backs that up. Sorry GT.
Can't tell if you're joking or not. But the Mario Kart series has almost always been very highly rated.
Can't tell if you're joking or not. But the Mario Kart series has almost always been very highly rated.
sampdoria
Jun 15, 03:02 PM
What a cluster F it was at Radio Shack.
It was just my friend and I on line. Nobody else.
Was there for 30 minutes before I left for work
leaving them with my name. My friend stayed
an additional 30 minutes.
They could not generate a pin. System kept
rejecting their request. Finally we were told they
were out of pins.
Meanwhile, I still see posts about some of you
getting PIN numbers.
Sorry to hear NJRonbo. I was back and forth between going to Apple and RS. But the RS salesperson last night, persuaded me to give him a try, and he would throw in a $50 gift card on top of my crappy trade-ins (good salesman), because I was going for 2 iphone4s. If it didn't work, then go to Apple.
So I decided this morning to try my luck with him. I was the only person in the store asking for the new iphone at 1pm, in the middle of urban cambridge (boston), believe it or not. Patience was key here. He started my order right at 1pm, but got declined like 20 times. I went back to my work an hour later. And he calls me around 2:45pm to say that he has two pins for 32GB iphone4s for me! As far as he knows, they will be available on launch day. With all the uncertainties that have been said on this thread, I won't hold my breath for launch day, but I do appreciate the discounts and trade-ins. So, I say good deal in any case.
He told me he got calls from DM's about there being still plenty of inventory an hour after the start, but because everyone was accessing the central server at once, it was jamming up. It took 2hrs and 45 mins to get my order processed.
I'm pretty satisfied (or lucky) so far, even though the process is so f'd up. I don't think RS intentionally does it this way, but hey it is what it is, for this once in a few years.
It was just my friend and I on line. Nobody else.
Was there for 30 minutes before I left for work
leaving them with my name. My friend stayed
an additional 30 minutes.
They could not generate a pin. System kept
rejecting their request. Finally we were told they
were out of pins.
Meanwhile, I still see posts about some of you
getting PIN numbers.
Sorry to hear NJRonbo. I was back and forth between going to Apple and RS. But the RS salesperson last night, persuaded me to give him a try, and he would throw in a $50 gift card on top of my crappy trade-ins (good salesman), because I was going for 2 iphone4s. If it didn't work, then go to Apple.
So I decided this morning to try my luck with him. I was the only person in the store asking for the new iphone at 1pm, in the middle of urban cambridge (boston), believe it or not. Patience was key here. He started my order right at 1pm, but got declined like 20 times. I went back to my work an hour later. And he calls me around 2:45pm to say that he has two pins for 32GB iphone4s for me! As far as he knows, they will be available on launch day. With all the uncertainties that have been said on this thread, I won't hold my breath for launch day, but I do appreciate the discounts and trade-ins. So, I say good deal in any case.
He told me he got calls from DM's about there being still plenty of inventory an hour after the start, but because everyone was accessing the central server at once, it was jamming up. It took 2hrs and 45 mins to get my order processed.
I'm pretty satisfied (or lucky) so far, even though the process is so f'd up. I don't think RS intentionally does it this way, but hey it is what it is, for this once in a few years.
morespce54
Aug 11, 12:18 PM
Using TimeMachine, Steve is going to release it two years ago.
LOL !!!!!!! Stop it !!!!! :D
LOL !!!!!!! Stop it !!!!! :D
11thIndian
Apr 9, 02:32 PM
11thindian, do you still think it's only professionals that I know?
Of course not. The proliferation of people who say that they have migrated to another platform indicates that for varying reasons, be they technical, workflow, or otherwise... some have left FCP. There are reasons to do that. I would just rather people state personal experience for what it is; rather than paint broad, unsubstantiated remarks like, "Apple is bleeding market share to Premier!". State what's happening for you in your neck of the woods. That's educational for everyone, rather than being combative.
Heck, my first 4 years in NLE was on AVID. Why did I switch? Primarily because that's where my market was going. I couldn't stick with FCP if all my clients decided they were going to make a switch to another platform now.
My biggest confustion is with people already labelling this iMovePro. There's no solid evidence of this. Apple hasn't let the product lay fallow, they've recovered from an internal crossed wires as to platform direction in which resulted in a modest update with FCS3, but have been working on a complete rewrite.
If Apple were just delivering a reheated 64bit FCP7 that could play DSLR footage natively, THEN I'd be worried! But by all accounts they've rewritten from scratch, and completely rethought the product, the goals, the interface. That takes a lot more time and effort.
Until the cat is out of the bag, I prefer to be more interested than worried.
Of course not. The proliferation of people who say that they have migrated to another platform indicates that for varying reasons, be they technical, workflow, or otherwise... some have left FCP. There are reasons to do that. I would just rather people state personal experience for what it is; rather than paint broad, unsubstantiated remarks like, "Apple is bleeding market share to Premier!". State what's happening for you in your neck of the woods. That's educational for everyone, rather than being combative.
Heck, my first 4 years in NLE was on AVID. Why did I switch? Primarily because that's where my market was going. I couldn't stick with FCP if all my clients decided they were going to make a switch to another platform now.
My biggest confustion is with people already labelling this iMovePro. There's no solid evidence of this. Apple hasn't let the product lay fallow, they've recovered from an internal crossed wires as to platform direction in which resulted in a modest update with FCS3, but have been working on a complete rewrite.
If Apple were just delivering a reheated 64bit FCP7 that could play DSLR footage natively, THEN I'd be worried! But by all accounts they've rewritten from scratch, and completely rethought the product, the goals, the interface. That takes a lot more time and effort.
Until the cat is out of the bag, I prefer to be more interested than worried.

drumpat01
Aug 25, 02:47 PM
I tried to type in my battery serial number only to have it say it was invalid even though I fell with in the given range of serial numbers. So I called Apple and after waiting on hold for about 20min they said I WAS VALID! So I dont know whats going on, but if you seem to be having the same problem you should DEFINITELY call them and double check your battery serial number.
ehoui
Apr 19, 03:58 PM
So True...
Poor lost souls rely on Steve to think for them, bring them courage, and guide them in worship.
Anyone who fails to fall in line, is immediately a threat to them.
It's this weakness is laughable.
I don't know what's worse:
1) Poor lost Stevie souls who "fall into line" with everything Apple does; or,
2) Poor lost anti-Stevie souls who "fail to see any good" that Apple does
This is a debate about a topic which few of us are technically qualified to argue. That being said, ad hominem attacks should have no place here regardless of the bucket that one might fall into (1), (2) or other. So I respectfully ask you to knock it off. Thanks.
Poor lost souls rely on Steve to think for them, bring them courage, and guide them in worship.
Anyone who fails to fall in line, is immediately a threat to them.
It's this weakness is laughable.
I don't know what's worse:
1) Poor lost Stevie souls who "fall into line" with everything Apple does; or,
2) Poor lost anti-Stevie souls who "fail to see any good" that Apple does
This is a debate about a topic which few of us are technically qualified to argue. That being said, ad hominem attacks should have no place here regardless of the bucket that one might fall into (1), (2) or other. So I respectfully ask you to knock it off. Thanks.
n00bst3r
Sep 18, 11:51 PM
The thing is Apple is shooting itself in the foot because it knows that all the Prosumers research enough that they know there is better available. Apple is losing alot of sales by not being prepared. I would think that Apple would get 2nd priority to Dell on shipments so they should have a good stock of C2D.
Macaroony
Mar 3, 06:41 AM
I don't see any point in being sexually attracted to anyone of the same sex, since I think homosexuality is a psychological problem caused by nurture, not by nature.
And I don't see the point in being sexually attracted to anyone of the opposite sex, but since society tells me it's "normal" I live with it nonetheless. It's all a matter of perception and experience. You have yours, I have mine and they're both normal to us.
If everyone with genitals were always morally free to do that, homosexually abusive pedophile priests would have been morally free to molest their victims.
Pedophilia is immoral - no matter man or woman. Please do not put both homosexuality and pedophilia into the same boat. There are plenty of grown men who abuse underage girls, it's when they happen to be gay that elevates the problem and lazily ties it to homosexuality.
And I don't see the point in being sexually attracted to anyone of the opposite sex, but since society tells me it's "normal" I live with it nonetheless. It's all a matter of perception and experience. You have yours, I have mine and they're both normal to us.
If everyone with genitals were always morally free to do that, homosexually abusive pedophile priests would have been morally free to molest their victims.
Pedophilia is immoral - no matter man or woman. Please do not put both homosexuality and pedophilia into the same boat. There are plenty of grown men who abuse underage girls, it's when they happen to be gay that elevates the problem and lazily ties it to homosexuality.
Roto3180
Mar 31, 04:45 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
I also kind of thought that Google would close things off after awhile. Android is what Wonblows was in the 90s. Every Tom, Dick and Harry wrote software for it, most of it was crap but gave the belief it was superior to the Mac OS. Microshaft cracked down and eased out the bad software developers and the same thing will happen to Android. Especially since rouge developers have came about.
I also kind of thought that Google would close things off after awhile. Android is what Wonblows was in the 90s. Every Tom, Dick and Harry wrote software for it, most of it was crap but gave the belief it was superior to the Mac OS. Microshaft cracked down and eased out the bad software developers and the same thing will happen to Android. Especially since rouge developers have came about.
jljue
Apr 27, 08:44 AM
A lot of people are upset over this. But, no one seems to care that the US Government can snoop on any electronic communication it wants for well over 10 years now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echelon_(signals_intelligence)
Data transmissions, cell phone calls, you name it. I think we're trying to cook the wrong goose if you ask me.
Law makers apparently have forgotten that they enacted a law requiring location ID on cell phones for emergency purposes--another indication that we have too many laws. :confused:
Data transmissions, cell phone calls, you name it. I think we're trying to cook the wrong goose if you ask me.
Law makers apparently have forgotten that they enacted a law requiring location ID on cell phones for emergency purposes--another indication that we have too many laws. :confused:
iGary
Aug 11, 11:19 AM
I've been looking at the Treo, but they're not easy to come by for Vodafone contract, if at all.
And they suck - I had a 600, which fell into the water and was replaced by insurance with a 650, which is only marginally better.
I don't believe the rumor - Steve wouldn't blab, he just wouldn't.
We only have a month to wait, though. :)
And they suck - I had a 600, which fell into the water and was replaced by insurance with a 650, which is only marginally better.
I don't believe the rumor - Steve wouldn't blab, he just wouldn't.
We only have a month to wait, though. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment